Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Power of Choice

 When it comes to reading, being able to choose the book you read is incredibly important. For one thing, you're able to pick the kind of book you like to read. Lets face it, if you like fantasy and you have to read a romance, unless you like that sort of thing, you're probably not going to like it. In school, they force you to read certain books. But if everyone was able to choose the book they wanted to read, more students would probably read. 


Another thing is that readers enjoy the book more. This is because they were interested in this book themselves, so they would probably get more enjoyment from it than other person. There is no feeling quite like reading a book that you truly enjoy. But if you read a book that you didn't pick and don't enjoy it, then what was the point of reading it?

To be able to choose the book you want to read is important. When one doesn't choose the book they read they tend not to enjoy it as much. But at the same time, they could really enjoy it and be pleasantly surprised. But in the end, it's best to choose the book you are going to read to make sure you get full enjoyment from it.

1 comment:

  1. I agree! It is so incredibly important for people to be able to pick the books they read! I was never much of a reader up until this last semester because most of the books that I had read prior to my Readers' Choice class were assigned to me by other teachers and they always seemed to be miserably boring books. Once I started my Readers' Choice class and was able to choose the books that I read, everything changed. I love reading now and I better understand the type of books that I enjoy reading. #ThePowerOfChoice!!!

    ReplyDelete